My feeble attempts at writing poetry
Bears its resemblance to Daughtry
The fun we had and the times we shared
Was it all bad and a lie that none cared
To trust in you was naive of me
To continue to do so, what a fool I'd be
Ever present was I to lend a hand
Yet naught one I see in this land
All alone now in this dark embrace
How did i fall so far from grace
The beauty i see and behold in you
Ain't not worth the pain i feel with you
I'd be a friend in good times and bad
But all i felt was the cold and the sand
The roads we took were green and lush
And now its filled with a bitter slush
I know its not worth the post, but man writing this was tough.
Kudos to those people writing poetry
Bears its resemblance to Daughtry
The fun we had and the times we shared
Was it all bad and a lie that none cared
To trust in you was naive of me
To continue to do so, what a fool I'd be
Ever present was I to lend a hand
Yet naught one I see in this land
All alone now in this dark embrace
How did i fall so far from grace
The beauty i see and behold in you
Ain't not worth the pain i feel with you
I'd be a friend in good times and bad
But all i felt was the cold and the sand
The roads we took were green and lush
And now its filled with a bitter slush
I know its not worth the post, but man writing this was tough.
Kudos to those people writing poetry
4 comments:
'Writing' this was tough?...'Reading' it was a challenge!
Half way through I had to restart it twice...once because i couldn't figure out whether u had attempted Shakespearean English or just lost every sense of grammar...and second time because i realized that this was more beautiful than it seemed.
Poetry need not be complex my friend...it just needs to be from the heart! :-)
yeah ....tell that to my mind that kept coming up with mad-bad-sad-had-lad , etc....
but thanks for the complement...
Somewhere in those words were feelings that just came out , but then i realized I ran out of them after the 4th line...so.....hehhe
@ nishan's brain - bad brain! baaaaad brain! you mustn't rhyme like a two year old...of you continue to do so...i will implant pics of mehul vats doin a belly dance...naked...in you! Then u shall be scarred for life....and so will your rhymes! so u better buckle up!
@ nishan - i had a hearty chat with your brain. I see a lot of potential in it...its just that it chooses to be too lazy at times. No worry, ive given it a soft warning...don't think it will be bothering you anymore.
Keep writing!
if a beginning needs to traced out.. urs wud be humble.
keep writing.
Reema
Post a Comment