Sigh......Deeper Sigh....Deepest Sigh.......
Damm I'm not on a farm!!!
I can smell the early drops of rain on the ground below. The intoxicating odour that has envoloped me into its warm embrace. The cmell of the mud mixing with the rain drops fills me up and is overwhelming me.
Damm I'm not on the edge of a cliff!!
I can feel the gentle evening breeze rushing past my face. The constant steady wind that brushes aside the little tuft of hair on its every passing. The feeling of wanting to held close in the warm embrace of a loved one at such a moment.
Damm I'm not on the beach!!
The feel of the grainy ground below my feet. The way it is soft and yet firm to allow my feet to firmly find a grip. The coarseness reminding me of the numerous times the fatigue that can be washed away by these theraupatic sands.
Damm I'm not on a quilt!!
The soft feel of it around my body as it takes shape around me. The embrace that gives warmth and at the same time is soft and gentle like the hands of a mother holding on to her new born child. And to the child in its mother's protective embrace.
Damm I'm not on a hammock!!
The slight rocking movement of my body resting but yet held firmly. The comfort of the movement neither making me giddy nor giving me complete stability. The feeling off being out on a limb but also in control of my actions.
Alas I sit on a rocking chair with a back rest that gives me a sense that it is about to fall with the slightest of pressure. The height that keeps decreasing because of the constant use of the height adjuster. I have taken out my leather shoes and can feel the coarseness of the rough jute mat that covers the floors, on which sand and muck have collected on the daily movement of the employees at this firm. The standing fan that continues to whir away giving some comfort to 3 people sitting abreast with each other. and lastly the pitter patter of a leaking tap on the floor that drains out into the street with a muddy embankment. Here I sit with my senses dreaming of all the comforts while the mind is at work reviewing literature on Enterprise Resource planning.
Location : Cubicle 018, 2nd Floor, ABS Pvt. Ltd.
State of mind: Looking forward to the weekend
Time : 3:15 PM on a Friday
Damm I'm not on a farm!!!
I can smell the early drops of rain on the ground below. The intoxicating odour that has envoloped me into its warm embrace. The cmell of the mud mixing with the rain drops fills me up and is overwhelming me.
Damm I'm not on the edge of a cliff!!
I can feel the gentle evening breeze rushing past my face. The constant steady wind that brushes aside the little tuft of hair on its every passing. The feeling of wanting to held close in the warm embrace of a loved one at such a moment.
Damm I'm not on the beach!!
The feel of the grainy ground below my feet. The way it is soft and yet firm to allow my feet to firmly find a grip. The coarseness reminding me of the numerous times the fatigue that can be washed away by these theraupatic sands.
Damm I'm not on a quilt!!
The soft feel of it around my body as it takes shape around me. The embrace that gives warmth and at the same time is soft and gentle like the hands of a mother holding on to her new born child. And to the child in its mother's protective embrace.
Damm I'm not on a hammock!!
The slight rocking movement of my body resting but yet held firmly. The comfort of the movement neither making me giddy nor giving me complete stability. The feeling off being out on a limb but also in control of my actions.
Alas I sit on a rocking chair with a back rest that gives me a sense that it is about to fall with the slightest of pressure. The height that keeps decreasing because of the constant use of the height adjuster. I have taken out my leather shoes and can feel the coarseness of the rough jute mat that covers the floors, on which sand and muck have collected on the daily movement of the employees at this firm. The standing fan that continues to whir away giving some comfort to 3 people sitting abreast with each other. and lastly the pitter patter of a leaking tap on the floor that drains out into the street with a muddy embankment. Here I sit with my senses dreaming of all the comforts while the mind is at work reviewing literature on Enterprise Resource planning.
Location : Cubicle 018, 2nd Floor, ABS Pvt. Ltd.
State of mind: Looking forward to the weekend
Time : 3:15 PM on a Friday
No comments:
Post a Comment