A love lost.
Life is interesting. It passes me by. The turbulence in the lives of others, the ones that stop to share a conversation, the ones that that rush by lost in their own world, a few that share more than a dance in the night, and others whose silent stare instills hope.
You never know what life is going to throw at you. I keep telling myself to follow the paths of those evergreen friends. Life lived season by season. The spring brings new love, the winter - strife and then the fall. Sturdy yet strong in life’s race.
This feeling of being here but not being here. Where am I? What instills this sudden fear in me today? I know not, the is feeling? Is it the cold wind of the North? I need to find an outlet. But no one knows. No one cares. Its crazy. Words, they fail to express this feeling of love, hate, failure? Why oh why does this surround me?
I need to move on. Need to find peace. Inner peace!!! But is there such a thing? Its a crazy world out there. Maybe singing this spent furlong song would guide me to the path of my own salvation. But do the being s around me speak the same language? I wonder if this is going to help me find closure in a world so forlorn.
Maybe carving this message into the very depths of my soul will bring forth new morn. I can’t tell this to anyone. Im the Willow Tree. I’m here to be and to always remain. I’m here to instil hope. I’m here to share that smile. I’m here to be a friend. I’m her to stay. When all is lost, I’m still there.
Maybe some day the life of a willow tree will be more exciting. Something might just come and jolt me awake. I wonder if it will be some one? Or maybe an incident?
But I fear the incident. I don’t want that to happen? I fear it might come to pass if spoken out loud.
But maybe it would be that someone special. Now thats more to my liking. A glimpse of a bright future. The sunny day, where the sun beats down on my branches, my leaves glisten in the dew drops from the night before, the smell of the fresh earth.
But who is it? When will she come? That crazy little thing called love? I wonder if me the willow can share my entire life with someone? Well, if I’m the one that always exists thought he stormy night and the sunny day, never wavering in hope and love, then it is a future to share. Of this I live in hope.
Lets start with the basics. A dream of the future is a good place to start. You meet someone. Do they know you? Do they acknowledge your presence as you lead them in song? They might and so you share your life story. At that moment they either stay or are gone forever. But sometimes there are opportunities when he wind comes back for a another look. You share more than just that good conversation or a good dance. You share a special connection. That slight touch of her hand on your skin. Your touch around her ear. A brush of that hair covering her eye, or maybe just a graze against that thigh. It means something. Something special, that no words can express.
Then the moment of truth. The things you fear come to pass. Even if the feeling is mutual, the moment once out in the open, is lost. Forever. Where did the wind take it to? Why did it take the moment away? Was it so fickle? Why does it move further away?
Maybe it was not meant to be. But your heart was out there. Shivering in the cold as the night approached.
Silence.
Gone..
And here I stand, steadfast against the wind, in silent introspection on what could have been? of what is? and of what has to be?
The distractions to last a life time. Leaves things undone, undid and untouched.
Live in hope is what I tell myself that some day, somewhere, you will come once again into my life.
Hold me like I want to be held. Talk to me like there is no tomorrow. Love me like you would no other.. And most of all, acknowledge my presence.
I, the silent tree that stands firm in the night and you the wind around me, my Love..
No comments:
Post a Comment