October 18, 2008

Where did this day go?

As I sit in an extremely uncomfortable position, listening t the sound of the crickets and other flea infested rodents scampering around in the lawns below my room, the sound of the evening train " The Amritsar-Delhi Shatabdi " to be a little bit more precise, awakes me from my wasted, dull, boring and a very unproductive day.
The reason for such a lack of activity save the, hardly recognizable movements of my fingers across the keyboard of my DELL laptop, is a very (but predictable) late night. The laptop also explains the uncomfortable position, as my mind was bent on the task of taking this device as it literally means and placing it where it ought to be i.e., on my lap.
Getting back to the unproductive day, as the days dawn towards the very unimaginative task of mugging up and puking out random words as fast as possible within a time frame of an hour, or as mere mortals call it "Examinations", in my case "Sessionals", I seem more content on taking it easy and allowing all those thoughts of fear and worry's that clouds the judgement of a lot young minds to hardly affect the way I go about my day. The day started with a good brush on those molars and pre -molars, at around 12:30 noon. That pretty much sums up the loss of the better part of any normal persons day, but for me it was a wake up call that I have missed out on a half day of opportunities. But does that wake up call last long enough in my senses? I guess not!
The reason being, well I happen to be an expert at finding excuses to procrastinate. The need for performing those three major morning activities arose or as I often call them the three S's (S#$t, Shave and a Shower). The completion of these activities requested the mother of all tasks, the food for the body.
After a nice and fulfilling but to make it very clear not a very tasty meal, I decide to retire to my room away from the glares of unknown and unseen eyes. Here i finally open that book that would decide if i do know or do not know the way the milling machines work. Personally speaking, I do not see myself in a life time working on a machine such as the miller or even a lathe for that matter, but here i still find myself tired, confused and frustrated at having to literally mug up 126 pages of unimaginative workings of the miller. Having seen the extent to which I would have to torture myself, my mind spent the better part of 2 hours trying to figure out a better way to approach the problem at hand. Suddenly realising it was well past mid-day and the sun would set in another 2 hours, I set about trying to figure out as to "where did I go off track?".
I'm still thinking of the number of wrong decisions this single day has been made to witness from my part, realising fully well the extent to my lack of considerations to the natural order of things, the very unimaginative order of things but the way of the world none the less. Still contemplating on another set of unimaginative thoughts, I find myself fading into the night with yet another wasted, dull, boring and unproductive day..

1 comment:

Akash Verma said...

hmmm...and here i sit...across the room from this lazy creature of god...and witness this unexplainable behavior of procrastination! yet at the end of the day, i fail to understand how in the world does this creature end up scoring such good marks! The answer still eludes moi!