January 25, 2008

Damsels on court.

I'm not from Switzerland nor do I have any affiliations with the European Countries but I still have a great sense of belonging and unprecedented pride on knowing that the world like me recognises Roger has the undisputed king on court. Where does this sense of belonging come from?
These questions are frivolous to the fact that people often back the winning horse, irrespective to the fact that that horse may or may not be one of their own.Today I sit here wondering, after the shock defeat of my icon, whether or not I have backed the right horse. Such contemplations are just a way to muse myself as I continue to follow the remainder of the Australian Open without the hope of thumping my fist in the air and rejoicing in anothers delight. Watching two rivals of astonishing proportions lose out on yet another picture perfect Grand Finale will be a disappointment.
The respite in such a situation however is not lost as the fairer sex are easy on the eye, and what better way to spend the weekend than by watching those long legged damsels prance about and enthrall the minds of us mere mortals.

No comments: