June 8, 2010

Coincidences

Location : Domestic terminal at Delhi airport
Time: 2 in the morning

time has ceased to exist....sounds of the Veena playing in the background... people staring off into the distance....a brilliant net connection to share these thoughts with you.....

Coincidence. What a brilliant word to discuss some of the most absurd of situations. Having used the very word 3 times today has left me gaping...Never did I consider that 3 totally random people would speak to me of things I have myself experienced..call it a coincidence the first time but 3 times? Maybe it just was....

Coincidence 1 : On my way to the college I catch the rick along with a lady who happens to be going to meet the same teacher I have work under...

Coincidence 2 : A random Bihari guy on the platform at Jalandhar, telling me about his misfortunes that day. He had missed the earlier train since he had not gotten off earlier and ended i[p at Chakkibank before Jammu. Thats the station Akash and me saw passing by when we overslept on the train and ended up in Jammu. This guy however hadn't overslept.

Coincidence 3 : A random sardar with a yellow pagdi, on the metro platform at Pratap Nagar, telling me about his long journey and about hime feeling sorry for some other person, who he met on the train, going to Bangalore later the next day....And here I was heading to Bangalore....

When all's said and done, the coincidence of such random occurrences in a single day is either by design or me trying to find meaning in everything I do...

No comments: