February 25, 2010

Bad luck tendulkar

Arguably one of the best players in this generation, Sachin Tendulkar scored a double ton. Im not a cricket follower per say but it feels good to say that " hey I saw that match too. It was amazing". Like when Australia and South Africa played that 400 a side game. I'm not one to remember dates and stats, and I'm not likely to be one either. Tennis the sport I follow by far the most is also just restricted to the Grand Slam's. That is of course subject to my presence at home. Tennis is like the official sport in my family.
The record scoring double ton, history in the making and I was drinking Chai in the adjoining hall. Then I returned to my room since "I'm not a cricket follower", and went online. A friend messaged to find out the score with the information that Sachin had scored a double ton. The lazy person that I was decided to check online. Having seen a number of friends in the department CAD lab checking live scorecards, I decided to do the same. As luck would have it Google came to the rescue and I chose the first option that appeared. And voila it said that the match was canceled due to bad playing conditions. Here I was thinking too myself, "that's too bad. Tough luck for Sachin". Status update on facebook immediately followed.
Only a couple of hours later did I realise the information was wrong.
Dependence on information on the internet took a strong hit that day.

No comments: